Prevention focuses on preventing human hazards, primarily from potential natural disasters or terrorist (both physical and biological) attacks. Preventive measures are designed to provide more permanent protection from disasters; however, not all disasters can be prevented. The risk of loss of life and injury can be limited with good evacuation plans, environmental planning and design standards.
By working together and promoting initiatives such as “See something, say something!” we work to prevent incidents from happening. Visit https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something for more information.
Public safety and security is everyone’s responsibility. If you see suspicious activity, report it to local law enforcement 218-634-1143 or 911.
- Driving: Buckle up
- Don’t drink and drive
- Fire Prevention: Smoke detectors, escape routes, fire extinguishers
- Household Safety: Carbon monoxide detectors, poison control prevention, emergency numbers
- Severe Weather: Be aware of the weather around you.
- National Weather Service
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety – Weather Safety
- Home Security: Lights, time, and noise, tell a neighbor
- Water Safety: Wear a life jacket
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
MEETINGS & TRAININGS
1st of Every Month
Monthly Testing CodeRED Phone System
1st Wednesday of Every Month
Monthly Testing of the Warning Sirens in City of Baudette & City of Williams
Monthly Testing of the IPAWS Notification System