Skip to content



The County Auditor-Treasurer is a position appointed by the Lake of the Woods County Board of Commissioners and is responsible for property tax administration, financial record management, elections and administration of ditch law. The Auditor-Treasurer maintains delinquent tax records and forfeits property to the State of Minnesota when statutorily required. The Auditor-Treasurer is responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statement of the county and audit activities.

All federal, state and county elections are conducted by the Auditor’s office, which is responsible for maintaining voter registration files, accepting filings for county offices, preparing ballots, training election judges, processing absentee ballots and making election results available to the public.

The Auditor-Treasurer is a member of the County Board of Equalization, the County Extension Committee and the County Land Exchange Committee. The Auditor’s office handles the sale of intoxicating and non-intoxicating liquor licenses, cigarette and auctioneer licenses as well as the motor vehicle registrar.


For a complete list of voter registration options, click here. Complete a voter registration card or application and return it to the Auditor/Treasurer Office no later than 20 days before the next election. Voter registration forms are available at the Auditor/Treasurer Office. Voter registration can also be completed during your driver’s license application process. Still have questions? Call 218-634-2836.

Your registration is permanent unless you move, change your name or fail to vote for the last four years. If you move or change your name you must complete a new voter registration application, so we can update our records. This is true even if you just move to a new apartment in the same building.  All voters who have not voted in the last four years are purged from our files and must re-register. Still have questions?  Call 218-634-2836.  

You must be 18 years old by election day, a citizen of the United States and have resided in Minnesota for at least 20 days before the election. Still have questions? Call 218-634-2836.
Yes. You can register at the polls on election day. However, you do need proof of residence for an election day registration. Still have questions? Call 218-634-2836.
Polling places are listed on the card you received from the Secretary of State verifying your address when you registered. If that polling place is changed for any reason, you will receive a new card. If you cannot locate this card you can learn more about your polling place here. Still have questions? Call 218-634-2836.


Decorative Line



206 8th Ave SE, Suite #260
Baudette, MN 56623

Decorative Line

Week of Events


As of June 29, 2020 the Lake of the Woods County Government Center and Facilities are open normal hours.

Landfill Hours: 8-4 Monday - Friday and 8-Noon on Saturday and accepting demo now.

Body of Water in Lake of the Woods County