Below you will find a list of positions that are available at Lake of the Woods County. Job applications can be obtained by contacting, Savanna Slick, Human Resources Director, Lake of the Woods County, 206 8th Ave. SE, Baudette, MN 56623, email@example.com, (218) 634-2430 or by filling out the Job Application form below.
LAKE OF THE WOODS COUNTY INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF
Lake of the Woods County Social Services
DUTIES INCLUDE: Performing advanced human services support work assessing, planning, providing and coordinating social services programs through the provision of professional social work and case management services. Work is performed under the supervision of the Social Services Supervisor. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide training and counseling services to adults and children with disability waiver services.
- Identifies client situations, which require intensified service and brings to the attention of supervisor and case manager for help or referral.
- Provides direct services to individuals with disabilities, including children, adults, and the elderly.
- Provides or assists in providing services to other cases involving difficult or complex social and financial problems. Interprets programs to clients, refers clients to appropriate community services.
- Serves as protective payee for client, which includes setting up budgets, negotiating with creditors, balancing checking accounts and distributing checks
- Receiving and investigating report of vulnerable adult maltreatment referred by the MN Adult Abuse Reporting Center and provide protective service to resolve allegation of abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university with a major in social work, psychology or sociology (or related field)
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university with a major in any field and one year of experience as a social worker in a public or private social services agency.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license or equivalent evidence of mobility
- Must pass criminal background check
Salary: $24.73/Hour with full County benefits
Full-time Position/ 40 Hours per Week
In lieu of a formal exam, the examination will consist of a rating of training and experience based on the information you provide in your application and your responses to the supplemental questions included in the application process. You must read the questions carefully, answer truthfully, and include any experience claimed in your answers to the supplemental questions in the “Work Experience” section of your application. Any experience claimed in your answers to the supplemental questions but not included in the Work Experience section of your application will not be credited.
TWO (2) APPLICATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY:
The Merit System application can be completed online at the following web link…
For the Lake of the Woods County application, click job application below.
For a detailed job description, Click here Social Worker Jan 2023
Applications are due Friday, January 27th, 2023.
Lake of the Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer